This is my absolute favorite vegan dessert!!! The “secret” ingredient that makes it takes amazing is the ground all spice. Oh, yum! yum!
Vegan Carrot Cake
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice, ground
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup regular sugar
- 3 egg equivalent in Ener-G egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 can (about 14 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup raisins
Note: if you don’t have Ener-G egg replacer, use some mashed banana, conserve some of the oil and add some extra baking soda.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, spice, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix sugar and eggs until creamy (works best with an electric mixer) – add vanilla, then add vegetable oil.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together and add carrots, pineapple, and coconut.
5. Grease pan. Smooth batter into pan. (If you prefer a thicker cake, use a 9×9 glass pan or if you prefer thinner cake with more servings, use a 13×9)
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
7. Be sure to let the cake adequately cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- I container Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 squeeze of lemon jiuce
Mix all ingredients together until creamy.