My birthday was very special this year because I got to make dinner for my family! This is a new recipe I conjured up just for the occasion!
Wild Mushroom Truffle Risotto
- 2-3 cups bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice* (10 oz)
- 3 tablespoons earth balance
- 1 ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soymilk
- ½ cup of white wine
- Salt and pepper
1. Sauté the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon truffle oil stirring occasionally, until browned and any liquid they give off is evaporated, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and then transfer to a bowl.