Today I test ran a couple of appetizers. I have been looking for yummy and easy appetizers for dinner parties. Vegetable Tempura met the bill!!
- Sliced vegetables (eggplant, red/yellow peppers, asparagus, carrot)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- Heat the vegetable oil on medium.
- Mix the cornstarch, rice flour, baking powered and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk in cold water until the mixture blends.
- Place panko crumbs into a bowl.
- Dip the sliced vegetables in the batter mixture and then dip into the panko crumbs.
6. Place the vegetables into the hot oil.
7. Once the vegetables turn brown, remove and place onto paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
8. Serve vegetable tempura with teriyaki sauce.