When I got into this whole vegan cooking thing, my mom hopped right on board as my sous chef. Last summer, we cooked together everyday and came up with all sorts of delicious creations. My mom is great at tasting and determining which seasoning is missing. She is also fantastic at making salad dressings! One of her great gifts is tasting something at a restaurant and then going home and figuring out how to make the recipe (even better than the restaurant! HA!).
We had this Kale Salad when we were hiking in Colorado over the summer at The Pullman. It had been my all time favorite salad… until my mom figured out how to master the recipe in her own kitchen. It is simple and delicious! Enjoy!!
- Fresh organic kale
- Chopped golden raisins and dried cranberries
- Parmesan or Ramano cheese finely graded (non-vegan option)
- Pine nuts
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1 frozen garlic cube thawed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 T. champagne vinegar
- 3-4 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. whole grain Dijon mustard
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. onion powder
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. white pepper
- ¼ t. tarragon
- dash of cayenne
- 1 ½ t. maple syrup
- Combine salad dressing ingredients.
- Combine chopped kale, golden raisins, cranberries, and pine nuts.
- Toss ingredients with salad dressing.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each serving (non-vegan option).