- 1 cup washed green lentils
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons Penzey’s Hot Curry Powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a 1-2 quart pan.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and carrots to the oil and stir.
- When the onions begin to brown, add in the curry powder and stir for a couple minutes; releasing a fragrant, spicy bouquet.
- Add in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in washed green lentils. Allow the lentils to simmer until all the broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally.